During this unusual situation, we at Premier Pool & Spa wanted to give answers to commonly asked questions about this new strain of Coronavirus concerning your pool or spa, as well as update you on changes we have made within our company to help protect our employees and customers.
Here are some of the ways we are implementing Minnesota Department of Health recommendations as outlined by the CDC:
Protecting our Customers from the Spread of COVID-19
- Make sure your pool or spa is properly sanitized. We recommend chlorine levels of 1-3 in residential pools and spas to ensure the virus cannot survive.
- For service technicians in the field, we are communicating as much as possible over the phone and email so you do not have to be in direct contact with technicians. No technicians showing symptoms will be allowed to come to work or service customers.
- In the event that we have service technicians or employees that are showing symptoms or test positive for COVID-19, scheduling of service may be affected, possibly significantly. We will make our best effort to prevent changes to your scheduled service and will communicate changes as early as possible.
- Wherever possible, technicians will disinfect any surfaces they have worked on in the field.
- Cleaning schedules have been increased, and high use areas are being cleaned as much as possible, such as the water-test station, doors, counters, computers etc.
- Customers are able to purchase items for pick up or delivery to reduce person-to-person contact. (For more info, check out our No-Contact Ordering page).
Protecting our Employees from the Spread of COVID-19:
- Maintaining Social Distancing in the workplace, as well as staggering schedules and working from home where possible.
- We are working with our employees to make sure they are provided as much support as possible to stay home while sick or are able to care for children that are out of school.
- We are following disinfecting guidelines to make sure the store is properly disinfected and increasing our cleaning schedules.
- We are also continuously disinfecting any of the tools and vehicles used by service technicians.
Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs?
According to the CDC:
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
This has been updated directly from the CDC as of March 17th, 2020. Considering new information is continuously becoming available, please verify via the CDC website to verify this information is still accurate if you are reading this past that date.
Thank you for your patronage and support during this unusual time. If you have any questions, please call 952-368-6070 or contact us.